Care & Use
Contents in the box:
- End frame with ball finial x2
- Middle frame with nuts x3
- Connecting rod
- Jute netting
How to assemble the Pea Frame:
- Fix each end of the connecting rod to an end frame by removing the finial, slotting on and re-screwing the finial.
- Now put the Pea Frame into position in the vegetable bed/plot and push each end frame 4-6” into the soil.
- Attach a middle frame to the connecting rod by undoing the nut, slotting on top and reattaching the nut to secure in place.
- Repeat this process with the other 2 middle frames and secure these into the ground.
- Drape the jute netting over the top of the finished Pea Frame and use the ties provided to tie it to the end frames. NB: in windy locations it might be necessary to peg the netting down.
Care and maintenance of the Pea Frame:
- Wilstone plant frames and supports are provided with a burnt wax finish which is designed to oxidise gracefully to give a lovely rust finish - this allows it to blend perfectly into its natural surroundings.
- At the end of the growing season cut the jute ties and either remove any plant debris to re-use the netting or compost the netting in your green bin.
- Clean any soil/dirt from the frame, coat with Owatrol Oil and store in a dry place over winter.
- The Pea Frame will provide years of use with the right care.
- Jute netting and Owatrol Oil is available here.