Runner Bean Frame
Care & Use
Contents in the box:
- End frame with ball finial x2
- Middle frame with nuts x3
- Connecting rod
- Diagonal cross brace x2
- Jute netting
How to assemble the Runner Bean Frame:
- Remove an end frame finial, then slot a diagonal cross brace onto it, followed by one end of the connecting rod, finally reattaching the finial.
- Repeat this process with the other end frame and diagonal cross brace.
- Now put the Runner Bean Frame into position in the vegetable bed/plot and push each end frame 4-6” into the soil.
- Attach a middle frame to the connecting rod by undoing the nut, slotting on top and reattaching the nut to secure in place.
- Repeat this process with the other 2 middle frames and secure these into the ground.
- Drape the jute netting over the finished Runner Bean Frame and use the ties provided to secure it to the end frames. NB: In windy locations it might be necessary to peg the netting down.
Care and maintenance of the Runner Bean Frame:
- Wilstone plant frames and supports are provided with a burnt wax finish which is designed to oxidise gracefully to give a lovely rust finish - this allows it to blend perfectly into its natural surroundings.
- At the end of the growing season cut the jute ties and either remove any plant debris to re-use the netting or compost the netting in your green bin.
- Clean any soil/dirt from the frame, coat with Owatrol Oil and store in a dry place over winter.
- The Runner Bean Frame will provide years of use with the right care.
- Jute netting and Owatrol Oil is available here.